Saturday, January 13, 2007

Words Matter

"There is so much bad in the best of us and so much good in the rest of us that it hardly behoves the best of us to talk about the rest of us." My seventh grade teacher had that on the wall in our classroom. It's a good thing for junior high kids to learn and a great thing for adults to remember.



Your opinion may not cause a change in the way someone does a certain task, but your words and the way you use them matter. Your praise can lift someone up to the highest high while your harsh words can bring someone down to the lowest low. While some people can let unkind words roll off their back like water on a ducks back, others are hurt to the core and it can be the straw that breaks the camile's back. Wouldn't you rather be the one to lift someone up and bring a smile to their face than the one who brought them to sadness or tears?

My husband and I were talking about this today when we went out for lunch. I expressed the desire to create a place where people could go and give bits of good will and encouragment-as simple as kudos for a job well done to a magazine, a friend or a general word of thanks to a scrapping community.

This blog is the result. I hope you will share some hugs and good will here.

3 Comments:

At 8:48 PM, Blogger CyndiAKADisneyqueen said...

Thena, what a beautiful way to start the year..with positive thoughts. Once again..thank you for sharing your words of wisdom.

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger EquineSpirit said...

This blog is a wonderful idea!

 
At 5:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's a little praise for scrapper's in general. One of the things that amazes me and inspires me so much about scrapbookers is their ideas.
I am always impressed with the NEW, cutting edge ideas that I see. And it's not like every once in a while. It's everytime I get a new magazine, or read a new post on a forum.
In fact, I was looking at a new magazine my wife picked up the other day, and got 2 KILLER ideas for projects I want to do in the future - but in totally unrelated markets (i.e. nothing to do with scrapbooking).
So keep on creating. Keep dreaming. And keep being inspired, because it helps other people more than you could even know or understand.

Thanks Thena,
Al

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counters
Free Counter